Vagabond Sphinx

9.15.2007
Ocean Currents
It’s been a while since my last post. So much has happened since then, I just haven’t found the time to keep you all updated. Now that summer is over, and the leaves are starting to change, it seems like the winds are pushing me in a direction that I’ve never saw myself going before. Like a baby bird, it’s as if the winds are telling me that the time to fly is now, that it’s time to spread my wings and jump headfirst into the unknown. But if I miss… Will I be perpetually fighting the ocean currents, unable to find my way back to shore? I suppose only time will tell…

While it may not make sense, I feel as if I should feel different then I do. After everything that has happened since the beginning of the summer… Have I even matured any since then? I’ve experienced so much over the last two months. I’ve felt new emotions, new sensations… New peace? Perhaps I have changed a little. Maybe I’m finally starting to become a more balanced person. And YOU were the one who was finally able to deactivate the time bomb. Each and every one of you helped in some way. You’ve all managed to make me into a better person, and it scares me a little to think of how I may have turned out had I not met any of you.
To all my friends: I love you.
(And, while I’m at it…
To Daydream Believer: >:( WHY HAVEN’T I HEARD FROM YOU YET?)


I know most of you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about. You know what? I don’t really care. If you want to know, ask and I might tell. If I don’t tell you, please don’t feel offended. I’m still trying to figure out everything that’s happening around me, and it might not be the right time to tell you yet. It doesn’t mean you are any less of a friend to me.

And now, onto some more mundane things.

Being the language junkie that I am, I’ve created a list of languages and alphabets that I want to learn. And guess what? I’m going to share it with you! Hooray! =D
All right, so you could say that I stole the idea from Gold. However, I promise that my list of things isn’t going to be so enigmatic. In fact, I’m going to tell you exactly what everything is! Isn’t that nice of me? Actually, it’s just because I’m too damn lazy and uncreative to come up with such a clever list. Yeah, I'm great. Anyway, these are the things that I'm learning, interested in, or already know.

English (I hope)
Japanese
Latin
Ancient Greek
Ogham
Standard Galactic (What can I say? I'm a nerd too, and now you've got me hooked!)
Quenya(This used to be an old project of mine that I abandoned and may start again. Yes, I've always been that nerdy.)
Sanskrit
Mohawk (My native language!)

I'll update this list more later. There are a ton of other languages.

Well, I've run out of things to say, I think. I'll try not to let things get in the way of posting regularly.
posted by Scarlet Gypsy @ Saturday, September 15, 2007  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:47 p.m., Blogger Daydream Believer said…

    You haven't heard from me because I'm a terrible person. No, actually it's because I'm terribly busy with all kinds of important work stuff... or just being clumsy. Anyways, I don't have long distance, so I can't call you yet, although I swear once I do, you'll be the first one I call. And I'm working on writing out the e-mail.

     
  • At 11:00 a.m., Blogger GoldMatenes said…

    Well, at least when the Shikadi arrive to wipe out the earth with their Armageddon Machine, we may be kept alive to be used as translators :)

    I'm glad things are getting better for you, and I hope they keep improving!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Vagabond Sphinx
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 
Am I The Walrus?

Name: Scarlet Gypsy

About Me: I am an unknown, an enigma. I am misunderstood by all, yet unable to understand myself. For now, I am the Scarlet Gypsy; roaming from place to place, from thought to thought, until I can find myself under all the dust.
Stalkers, Click Here (Profile)

Deja-Vu
Les Webcomics
I can't live without them!