Vagabond Sphinx

5.31.2007
Graduation Times Among Us
Well, it's that time of year again. Exams, summatives, GRADUATION. I've been through two "graduations" so far, all of them trying to prepare me for the real one that so many of my friends are facing now. For the longest time, any sort of "graduation" or "commencement" has really struck me hard. Elementary school, middle school, now high school. I never really knew why it hurt as badly as it did, but now I do. And it all came back to me in a dream.

You could call it a memory, I suppose. Because that's exactly what this dream was. A memory of an old friend of mine. The very last memory I have of her, from the very last time I ever saw her. Her name is Krystal, and I don't remember exactly how we met. When we did meet, though, I was six and she was twelve. We connected instantly, our thirst for knowledge bringing us closer. She had so much to offer me, and I had things that I could offer her. We met in her last year at elementary school, and didn't get really close until it was almost the end. When she left, I was heartbroken. We both were. She gave me an old book, something that she had received when she was my age, a child's book that she still kept close to her heart. Krystal promised me that we would meet again, when we were older, and share all the information that we had gather over the years. Then, just like that, our friendship was over. I never got the chance to see her again. I waited for her to visit the school again, but she never came. If she did, I never saw her. I've been thinking about her a lot lately, and it seems to have come out of nowhere. The memory/dream has really made me look at things a little differently for the past couple of days. Things in my past, present, and future.

I guess its caused me to become depressed around graduations, because I never know if I will ever truly see those people again. Even if they say that they'll keep in contact, things may get in the way, or people may forget. There are so many things about my friendship with Krystal that reflect the way my life is right now. She was an amazing friend, and didn't try to avoid me because I was younger. She "graduated", and I regret not getting to know her sooner. In the past two years, there has been a lot of people that I have met, but didn't stay in contact with. I mean, I met Daydream Believer, Loud, Gold, and some others last year. For some reason, though, I just didn't really bother to see them that much. I'm really regretting that choice now. I mean, sure. We've had an awesome year, but what's going to happen now? Is the end of high school the time when the world rips you away from your friends and flings you somewhere far away for more schooling? If it is, how are we going to keep in touch? For somebody who's tied down rather firmly, Windsor can be a pretty far place to travel too.

I guess the whole point of this was just to tell you all how much I'm going to miss you. I will definitely be there at graduation/commencement; I wouldn't miss it for the world. If I seem down or depressed in the next couple of days, don't worry about it. It'll pass. Then it'll come back. Then it'll pass again. Then a seemingly unending cycle will erupt, but I promise it will pass in due time.
I suppose this is where I'll end this update. Rawr!

Labels: , ,

posted by Scarlet Gypsy @ Thursday, May 31, 2007  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:39 p.m., Blogger GoldMatenes said…

    Don't give up on us just yet :D

    We want to stay in contact with you too.

    If you are feeling depressed at school in the next little while, just come to me and I won't hesitate to help.

     
  • At 7:24 a.m., Blogger Daydream Believer said…

    Last year? Last year? I'm sure it must have been... holy cow, it was last year... weird. It definitely feels like I've known you for longer than that. Wow.

    Anyways, as Gold said, don't give up on us so fast. And don't forget about the wonders of cyberspace for those of us who may be wandering slightly farther afield.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Vagabond Sphinx
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 
Am I The Walrus?

Name: Scarlet Gypsy

About Me: I am an unknown, an enigma. I am misunderstood by all, yet unable to understand myself. For now, I am the Scarlet Gypsy; roaming from place to place, from thought to thought, until I can find myself under all the dust.
Stalkers, Click Here (Profile)

Deja-Vu
Les Webcomics
I can't live without them!