Vagabond Sphinx

5.01.2007
School Computers are Evil
If you read back to my last post, you may see different words in quotations that weren't present when I actually made the post. There is a very simple, yet very evil reason for this. The school blocked my blog. See, apparently, my last post contained a banned word. So, the censor automatically felt that the blog was evil and found it fit to block it. So, now that I'm home, I went and changed the words that I felt were being banned. Hopefully, we'll be able to tell by tomorrow ^_^ Gold, could you check it out for me tomorrow? I would really appreciate it.

They should change the policy on school computers. I mean, I don't want them totally monitoring what we're doing, but they shouldn't be so strict on how we waste our time. I mean, if we're going to waste our time, we should be allowed. If anything, they shouldn't block sites based on "banned words". I mean, if they just heard the way we talk, they wouldn't understand that we aren't children anymore. Just because my blog says "smut" on it, or an email talks about something else the school deems "inappropriate", doesn't mean that it should be banned. Sometimes people go on rants, or need websites for projects that have been banned because the webmaster went on a little rant. They need to be more flexible with what they do and don't allow. The school seems to have broken things down into _ categories: Banned Words, Adult Content, Games, Hacking, Magic + Occult, and probably a chatting one.
Adult Content, Games, and Hacking I can understand. Like I mentioned before, Banned Words shouldn't be as strict as it is. Magic + Occult sounds like something that the Catholic school board would ban, not public school. I say this because all Pagan religions and a lot of folklore fall under this category. It should be mentioned that all other religions, however, are available and accessible. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism is all available. I know this because of a project I did in English class once, on Life of Pi. Anyways, I find this pretty discriminatory. Not just because I practice a Pagan religion, but because it is blatant discrimination and ignorance. It's not fair, and doesn't even follow the Zero Tolerance rule towards discrimination. Something needs to be changed about the school computer censors.

So, that was my daily rant. With only 5 calories a serving, and wonderful blend of spices, you'll never have to worry about getting to much! Enjoy! =D

Labels: , ,

posted by Scarlet Gypsy @ Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:03 p.m., Blogger GoldMatenes said…

    Heh. Blocking "Folklore".

    Sanity = No.

    I would have checked, but I was ousted by a class that came in to do work

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Vagabond Sphinx
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 
Am I The Walrus?

Name: Scarlet Gypsy

About Me: I am an unknown, an enigma. I am misunderstood by all, yet unable to understand myself. For now, I am the Scarlet Gypsy; roaming from place to place, from thought to thought, until I can find myself under all the dust.
Stalkers, Click Here (Profile)

Deja-Vu
Les Webcomics
I can't live without them!